30 April, 2009

Gift From The Sea



Submerged in molten disarray I lay,
Clogged with wet grudges and dampened hope.
Awaiting a smile that'd put my sorrow at bay,
Helpless - I drowned - no hand, no rope.
 
And then he emerged, reeking tears and blood,
The fluid made him glisten - bright and warm.
 
He smiled and danced and hauled me out.
I thawed, I melted, I liquified, I evaporated.
Like a child, I splash in esctasy, I tout.
A storm, he came, he rained, it was fated.
 
Like the sun I shine, like the water he flow,
He's my gift from the sea, we touch and we glow.

5 comments:

Karan said...

:) ...

way to go..!! n i mena that in more that one ways.. each n evry storm can last fr only so much.. it has to weathr...

good too see this.. :)

Karan said...

:) ...

lovely portrayal of emotions.. subtle n yet so expressive... :)...

n m glad to see a hint of positivity now.. :) ...

Good Luck..

Cheers...

Kiran said...

Thanks Karan, truly appreciate the critique.

Positivity, ummm yea, sort of, maybe just a little :)

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Putting up art before a poem might work in goading an audience toward your line of thought and away form theirs. I'd rather form my own mental picture than be force fed one, worse yet - the art work is not done by you either.

Kiran said...

The art put up before a poem gives the reader a direction, some clarity if you will. There's is no force-feeding or goading involved, whatsoever. It is completely up to the audience to tune out the visual and form their own.

I indite, either you abide or you depict it your way. It's all good darling. Art, music, intoxication and love can have several connotations. It's the individual's prerogative to employ it the way he/she wants to.

Like how you choose to criticize instead of appreciating :)

About the art work not being mine. I merely used one form of art to alleviate another. Like a bass guitar to a lead.

Thanks. You made my day.